Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jog-a-thon, oh boy!

Last friday the girl's school had their annual jog-a-thon. They ran laps around the field. Fave laps was equal to one mile. They both did really well. They each ran for 45 minutes with their classmates. Emily ran 12 laps, and Becky ran 13. Way to go girls!

Kaleb was a great sport! He and I volunteered from 8:00-12:00, which is a long time, especially when you're 4. He did run one lap with Emily, after some convincing, and he had time cheering for the girls and eating popsicles! Emily decided to dump some water on her head when she got hot.

Here's Emily with her class and her teacher after the run. She has a great teacher, who cares about the kids, and helps them to achieve.

Becky ran most of the time with her friend, Deanna. They kept a steady pace, then picked up their speed toward the end.

Here's some of Becky's class after the run. Her teacher participated in the jog-a-thon and they all had a great time.

I'm glad that I was able to help out. I'm proud of you girls!



3 comments:

Di said...

Oh wow!!! Remind me not to race you girls anytime soon... way to go!

Becky Rosenlof said...

Hurrah for joggers! I can only walk that far, not run. I'm proud of you all!

mtnken said...

Good job girls! Great pics! Thanks..