Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pet Foster Family

We have been having quite the adventure at the Torgersen house these last 2 months. We became foster parents for the humane society. First we had 2 kittens. They were already close to adoption age, so I didn't think we'd have them that long, but after they both got sick, we ended up having them for a month and a half. I told the kids we weren't going to get any more animals until after the New Year, since we will be going to Utah for Thanksgiving and then again for New Year's. Well, we got a call from the humane society last Wednesday and they needed a home for 3 puppies just for a week. The timing worked out great since we don't leave for Utah until Saturday. Plus we thought it would be a good introduction to puppies without the long time committment. I think I prefer puppies over kittens. You at least get more of a reward for all your work with puppies. Through this experience I think we all agree that we are definitely not ready for a full-time pet, so fostering is the way to go for us. I'm looking forward to that long break though. It's a ton of work. At least they're cute, and the kids love them!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so brave! Always ready for a new adventure.