Monday, September 20, 2010

Homemaking in action

I've found some great deals lately on furnishings. I can't remember if I already posted about our free chairs and couch. I got the coffee table and end tables at Ikea for $40 total, and the black vases at a yardsale for $5, and we now have a nice sitting area.


Last week I found the table I've been wanting. It's square, and can seat up to 8 (although it just came with 6 chairs). Speaking of the chairs, they were gross. They had white fabric, and lots of stains, and had to go. My friend, Rachel, came over and helped me to recover them. We had ripped all the fabric off before I thought to take a before picture, so I just placed the fabric back on. You get the idea of how gross the chairs were, right?
After a trip to the fabric store, using the staple gun and some scotch guard application we ended up with this:

I love how they turned out, and I'm so glad Rachel knew what she was doing and could help me along. It was super easy!

So, here's the view from our front door. We now have plenty of room for sitting and eating, so please come visit soon!

4 comments:

Pauline Torgersen said...

Jenae, I love your new living room makeover. You are so talented! That table must be for playing cards, right?

Jenae said...

Playing cards and doing homework! We seem to be spending a lot of time doing that lately.

Di said...

Nice!!! Wait a sec, what happened to the great couch you had before?

Jenae said...

We just moved it to the family room by the kitchen.