Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's been a long, long time

I have actually tried to blog several times since September, but my pictures will not upload from the laptop. So Blake got a new computer from work. By new, I definitely mean new to us, and it does not have near enough memory for the pictures we take. So we're kind of in limbo with pictures and blogging, but I had such a great experience on Friday that I had to share.

I am a substitute teacher. It is not always easy, but it can be very rewarding. On Friday morning, one of the girls in the 3rd grade class I was teaching in told me her dad was coming home on the 22nd. I asked her if he had been away for a while and she showed me on the calendar that he had been away since November. He is in the airforce, and she was so excited for him to come home. In the afternoon we were watching a science video when in walks her Mom with a video camera, her little sister, and her dad!! She ran into his arms and he picked her up and gave her the biggest hug. Such a sweet moment. I had tears in my eyes as I welcomed him home. I am so thankful for the military families and the huge sacrifices they make for us. It was a blessing to be a part of that experience on Friday.

1 comment:

Pauline Torgersen said...

Jenae, welcome back! Pictures are nice, but a great story (or even a routine one) will suffice. Thanks!