Thursday, June 9, 2011

The School Year Comes to an End

I really can't believe that the school year is already over. I now have a 7th grader, a 5th grader and a 2nd grader. The time has gone so fast! I am proud of the hard work the kids put in this year. Becky ended up getting honor roll, and Emily got every award possible except perfect attendance, which she wants to try for next year. Kaleb's teacher loved having him in class and was impressed with his reading and math skills. We are all looking forward to this summer break, and our trip to Utah. I can't wait to see everyone!

This morning I sat down with the kids and we each made a list of the things we want to do this summer. Hopefully we can find the time to do half the things we want to but here's a revised list:
beach
biking to the beach
camping
all the kids want to take turns cooking dinner (yay!)
quilting
crafting
scrapbooking
babysitting
de-cluttering and having a yardsale (hoping that motivates all of us to get rid of stuff)
swimming
reading
wii games
playing games
and Emily wants to work and earn money for 5th grade camp next year

Add to this list Monday-Friday chores and it's going to be a fun, busy summer.

2 comments:

Pauline Torgersen said...

That sounds like a great list!

Catrina Poulson said...

sounds like a great summer!! I hope you have time to fit in a date with us while you're here!!!