Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mormon battalion commemoration

Last Saturday we went down to old town San Diego for the Mormon battalion commemoration. This was our first time going. We probably would have talked ourselves out of it again, but Becky has signed up to help in our stake's booth so we had to go. I'm glad that we did. While Becky was busy doing laundry, Emily and Kaleb were able to make bricks, and play with the toys that pioneer children had.

While we were there we ran into Steve Sowby who Blake used to work for in American Fork about 10 years ago. It was fun to catch up with him and via wife. It is a small world. After the festivities we went up to the battalion and let the kids pan for gold. Over all it was a great day!





2 comments:

Pauline Torgersen said...

How fun! Do you know that Grandpa T has an ancestor who was in the Mormon Battalion? David Ira Frederick.

Becky Rosenlof said...

What darling pioneers you make! I remember when we panned for gold together the last time I came to visit. Can't wait until the 18th!