Yesterday I went with Becky on her field trip. Growing up in Utah I remember taking some exciting field trips, maybe to a park or the zoo, but they weren't quite like Becky's field trip yesterday. We went whale watching! We left from Oceanside Harbor and spent two hours on the ocean.

The coolest part was when we were leaving the harbor there were two dolphins that swam to the side of the boat for probably at least 5 minutes. Bex and I were on the side of the boat, so the dolphins were right below us. Here's a really short video I took of one of the dolphins jumping:
We then spent almost an hour just riding the waves. I got feeling a little off, so sat down for a while. A few of the kids lost their breakfasts, but Bex did fine. We finally saw a huge pod of dolphins. They were all around the boat, and it was very exciting! I still have a lousy camera, but believe me, it was amazing!

Unfortunately we didn't see any whales, but we were lucky to see the dolphins. It was quite cold on the boat, and we spent a lot of time huddled against the wind, so I didn't realize my face was getting fried! I now look like a lobster, with white raccoon eyes from my sunglasses. Lovely! Oh well, it was worth it. I think I'll be going on more field trips from now on.
1 comment:
What fun! Def not the kind of field trips Sam has... btw, I just helped Jaynee get a 10mp camera, polaroid brand, for $75 from buy.com... how come no pic of raccoon eyes? 8)
Post a Comment