Monday, June 8, 2009

Party Central

Having 2 kids with the same birthday=lots of fun and excitement and parties! This was the first year that Kaleb had a birthday party without Emily. He still got to share his party though since his friend, Joshua (sitting on the blue chair), has a birthday on June 1st. We had a combined pool party. It was a lot of fun, and since most of the kids aren't strong swimmers, we had moms and siblings come too. I think we ended up with 25 or 30 people. We all had fun though, and no one drowned, so it was a success!

Kaleb and I took donuts and chocolate milk to share with Emily's class. They sang happy birthday to both Emily and Kaleb.

That night we had cake and candles. Emily and Kaleb each made a wish, and blew out their candles on their side of the cake.
Saturday we had Emily's pool party. It's a lot easier to swim with 8-year olds than 5-year olds. She invited all of her girl scout troop and a couple of friends from church. It was a lot of fun, but all of us ended up with colds at the end of the week.

So having a double birthday is a lot of fun. I'm just glad it's only once a year!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like a blast. Your kids are growing too fast!

Di said...

SOOOooo glad nobody drowned... :)That pic of the lit cake is awesome! Looks like a blast- way to go and happy days!

Becky Rosenlof said...

What fun! You are brave to have two parties so close together! I wasn't very thrilled to host birthday parties when you were little. We reserved those for "special" years. I'm with Di! That is a great picture of the glowing candles and the excited eyes of the children. Love to you all!