Oh good, I just looked at my blog and I'm not as far behind as I thought I was, but there's still plenty to tell. After Christmas we had a week with no visitors and no school. One day we decided we would go feed the birds at the beach. We have never done this before and let me tell you we will never do it again. Have any of you seen the movie The Birds? I haven't but my mom has told me a little about it and how it freaked her out. Well, I don't think I have to watch the movie because I felt like I was living it. When we first got to the beach I think there were two seagulls that we could see. As soon as we pulled out the bag of bread we were surrounded by what felt like hundreds. These things had no fear. Most of them kept to the air hovering less than a foot from your face waiting for you to throw the bread. It took me about 10 seconds to quickly move away from the birds. Kaleb lasted about 20 seconds and the girls were the brave (crazy) ones who lasted until the bread was gone. At one point Becky asked me to hold the bag of bread, but as soon as I saw the gulls beady eyes on me and the bag I pretty much ran away. If that's not bad enough I handed the bag off to Kaleb who was braver than I was. It was terrifying and I couldn't wait to be out of bread. As soon as the girls were done I told Kaleb to run chase the birds away. He enjoyed that part, which happened to be my favorite as well. Amazingly no one got hurt, and I learned a very important lesson: don't feed wild animals.
By the way, the pictures don't come close to showing how much we were surrounded or how many birds there were. I was too paralyzed by fear when all the birds were there to even think about taking pictures. After the birds left I was able to get some good beach shots. The weather has been beautiful!



1 comment:
I loved hearing about the birds. I can picture the chaos in my mind. The sunset picture is fabulous. Love to you all!
Post a Comment