We've decided we really like Oceanside Harbor. They have free parking right next to the beach, a shower for cleaning the sand off your feet, pavilions, and firepits. We went there last Saturday when the weather was warm and beautiful. I finally saw Blake catch some good waves on his surfboard. There are rocks that go way out in the water so we were closer to where Blake was surfing. I took some pictures with my phone. I couldn't zoom in though, so you might have to squint to see him.
That's him paddling out. He looked a lot closer in real life.
Hopefully you can click on the picture to enlarge it. If not than take my word for it, this is Blake surfing.

And here he is finishing his ride in. Way to go Blake!

We also had a fun time building things in the sand. Blake and Kaleb built a drip sand castle, and Bex and Emily each had fun making sand animals. I liked this shadow picture of us.
A very fun day at the beach.
5 comments:
so i'm trying to plant a seed in wade's mind of wanting to head over this summer. you know, if you have room to put all of us up, or know of a good ocean-side campground. of course it all depends on if we've sold our house and are in the middle of building a new one, or if wade still even has a job in the first place. but it's a possibility. here's hoping!
What a great day! I love the ocean. How long and skinny your shadows are; I can see why you like that picture. What is a drip sand castle?
A drip castle is where you get really wet sand in your hands, then let it drip. If you have good aim you can make it look like a spooky castle with pillars and everything.
Nice work Blade!! Hope to get out there and see you guys soon! Spring just can't get here quick enough. It was 70 in Denver last week and yesterday the high was 13....sigh.... Miss the Ca. warmth sometimes:)
Love to yo all.
We'd love to have you anytime Ken!
Post a Comment