Thursday, October 8, 2009

Great Conference Weekend

We had a great conference weekend. Starting with Friday, Emily, Kaleb and I were Blake's crew for his last sailboat race of the series. Becky missed out since she was at a birthday sleepover. As we were driving to the harbor Kaleb said, "how did the ocean get in the sky?" The clouds were amazing!


Before the race Emily and Kaleb helped Blake get the boat ready while I parked the car.

With the clouds there also came a rainbow. Too bad we didn't get any rain. We sure could use it.

I absolutely love this picture! Blake's look shows how much he enjoys his boat.

The sunset was gorgeous! We had plenty of time to enjoy it since the wind really died down after the race started.

Emily and Kaleb were quick to point out the "Halloween Moon" when it came out. The race organizers had chosen the longest race since the winds were pretty good earlier. Since we lost the wind, they ended the race early, but Blake still wanted to make the turn and finish the race. We did, but it took us a long time to get back to the harbor. We finally made it though, and even got there in time for the crew drawings and awards. Blake wrote down each of our names on a card, and both Emily and Kaleb's name were drawn; from the bottom of the deck; one right after the other; amazing! ;) Kaleb kept saying, "I can't believe me and Emily both won! We came in last and me and Emily still won!" It was very fun.

Saturday morning we enjoyed watching conference, once Blake got home from cleaning the church and got the computer hooked up to the tv. Inbetween sessions we took the wave runner out. It's the first time I've been on it since I broke my foot. I loved it!!

We had such a good system for changing drivers and kids. Across the harbor from the launch ramp there's a grassy area, picnic table, a dock for changing drivers and ... bathrooms! It's perfect! Plus you can park right there, so nobody has to walk very far. We even took the tube out. Blake shortened the rope since we were in the harbor, but unfortunately the wave runner shoots water up when it goes, and at the right speed the water would land right on the kid in the tube. I admit I laughed, and then slowed down.

Sunday was a very relaxing, stay in your pajamas kind of day. Emily decided to put together a party for all of us. She painted a stick the bat on the moon game, where you had to spin around 1 time for every year of your life. Blake and I cheated and started counting faster than that, but still ended up very dizzy!

We also bobbed for apples. Blake got it on his first try; Becky and I on our second, and Kaleb on his third or so. I think that is the first time I have ever bobbed for an apple.

Emily and Kaleb enjoyed one of the commercials from conference with the dad who misses his bowling night because his girls were playing with his hair. They decided to try that on Blake. It was entertaining.

I really enjoyed conference this year. Like most years it seemed like the speakers knew just what I needed to hear. Elder Holland's talk was so powerful. I also loved President Monson's talk about service. It made me want to do more for others. I am thankful for the gospel and the blessings it brings to my life.

2 comments:

Di said...

How fun! Gorgeous sky pictures too!

Becky Rosenlof said...

What a wonderful account of your weekend. I love the pictures! I thought conference was incredible. Much love to you all.
It's great to see a family with such genuine happy smiles.