Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bad word

Yesterday I heard Becky and Kaleb having an argument. He walked into the room upset. I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "Becky said a bad word at me." I asked what the word was, concerned that she might be picking up on some bad language at school. He replied very seriously, "Whatever!" I had a very hard time trying not to laugh, but I am glad that he considers 'whatever' a bad word. Lets hope that sticks.

3 comments:

Di said...

He he! That's hilarious- and great that it wasn't a real problem...

King Family said...

My kids have started that one as well. They also like to say someone was mean to them because they called them rude.

Becky Rosenlof said...

I think "Whatever" is a bad word when it's used sarcastically in the same voice "shut up" is used. He is such a cute kid. I can barely contain my eagerness to be with you!