Last week I had this great idea to crochet a baby blanket. I was going to a baby shower on Saturday for a lady in my ward who was having a little boy. I found a free pattern online with a hooded bear baby blanket that was super cute and started working. The problem was, this was Wednesday, and the baby shower was Saturday. I haven't crocheted in a very long time, so it took me a while to get back in rhythm. I worked on it for hours, and still didn't have it done in time for the shower on Saturday. I took the bear hood pieces and the unfinished blanket to the shower to show her, then kept working on it. On Sunday it was announced that she had gone into labor Saturday night and given birth to a baby girl on Sunday morning! I was very glad that I hadn't finished the blanket, so I could switch from a bear to a flower. I finished it, and I love how it turned out. I think I'll just continually be working on crocheting baby blankets, so I'll be ready for the next baby shower, which I think is next month.
Also, I have been busy teaching preschool this week. We are learning about teeth, and I love these snacks we made.
Look yummy, huh? Apples, peanut butter and miniature marshmallows=lips, gums and teeth. What more could you want?



4 comments:
How cute! I loved the green lips and square teeth. And the baby blanket is darling. Good for you!
Wow! That's great you could switch to a flower- I'm in awe. And those teeth....I think I know what we're having for snacks today!
You are awesome Jenae! Your crochet work is beautiful. The teeth are great. I think I will try those for cub scout snack sometime.
What a woman! You have so many talents Jenae--I'm going to use your cute little tooth snack for my play group. It's fun following your blog!
Post a Comment